Rio Grande Valley FAQs: Winter Texans Love it Here!
Where exactly in Texas is the Rio Grande Valley?
- The Rio Grande Valley is an area along the Southernmost tip of Texas. Located along the Rio Grande River, the area is comprised of four counties: Starr County, Hidalgo County, Willacy County, and Cameron County. Many are familiar with some of the major cities of the area, such as McAllen, Harlingen, Brownsville, as well as the ever popular South Padre Island.
What is the weather like?
- The yearly average temperature is 74 degrees F. Technically a sub-tropical climate, the Rio Grande Valley has temperate weather with warm summers and mild winters, making it a haven for Winter Texans who flock here annually to enjoy the great weather and the low cost of living. Sunny days and warm gulf air are typical for this region of South Texas.
What is there to do in the Rio Grande Valley?
- One of the most popular attractions for the Rio Grande Valley is South Padre Island. This beach paradise offers sandy shores and warm gulf waters to the delight of visitors. The island offers a wide variety of outdoor activities including boat tours, fishing, and fireworks on the bay!
- Balancing this island paradise is a fast-growing metroplex, providing Winter Texans with all the major attractions and amenities one would expect from an urban environment. Large malls, a variety of restaurants, and Gladys Porter Zoo are just a few of the draws to the area. Additionally, the Rio Grande Valley is home to several wildlife preserves, pick-your-own-fruit orchards, and the Iwo Jima Memorial.
Are Encore’s RV Resorts Located Near Popular Valley Attractions?
- In a word – Yes! Each of Encore’s ten luxury, age-qualified RV Resorts are in a great location along the 83 corridor, providing easy access to the many things to do in the Rio Grande Valley. You can find our resorts in Alamo, Weslaco, San Benito, Harlingen, Mercedes and Donna.